Job Title: Particle Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: £16.00 p/h (circa £30,000 p/a)
Start Date: ASAP
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading, who are currently seeking a Particle / Formulation Scientist to join them ASAP. This role will be a laboratory based role, using a variety of solid state technique for crystallising and characterising small organic molecule of active ingredients.
- Typical techniques routinely used may include gas and/or liquid chromatography, powder x-ray diffraction (pXRD), Raman and light microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and other thermal methods to determine the physical form of a range of active ingredients.
- Plan and carry out laboratory work on to meet project targets and timescales in order to discover novel solid states and characterise the physical properties.
- Process & interpret results in order to progress work plans.
- Record all work in electronic lab notebooks and prepare for approval the appropriate sections of technical reports and memoranda to provide a clear record of the results and conclusions from laboratory work.
- Educated to a minimum of BSc / equivalent in a related scientific discipline.
- Strong laboratory skills: able to design and carry out experiments with minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of physical chemistry.
- Skilled in the art of data collection, manipulation and presentation.
- Proficient in the use of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills; reliable and enthusiastic.
Apply online, or alternative contact Nathan McCarron to discuss via Nathan.McCarron@srgtalent.com, or 0161 868 2234.
your application has been submitted