An exciting opportunity has risen for a Technical Manager (Downstream) to join an innovative organisation in the North East.
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Technical Manager to join an innovative organisation that develop and commercialise biologics products and processes in the North East. They are looking for a Technical Manager to join their Downstream Processing Team following a number of successful project proposals along with an ever increasing project pipeline.
Job Title: Technical Manager (Downstream Process Development)
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: North East
SRG is working with an innovative Biologics Organisation who are expanding their Downstream Processing team. The role is a critical part of the business and is responsible providing technical expertise and input into the delivery of projects and act as technical lead in others, including projects of some complexity. You will be seen as an expert in your area of discipline, will have a broad knowledge of downstream processing of biopharmaceuticals such as proteins, viral vectors and nucleic acid based product expressed in a variety of systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, leading and performing experiments and developing, optimising, scaling up and characterising using a variety of different methods.
- Management of the Downstream team's goals and performance, ensuring identification of department goals, utilising appropriate management styles and support.
- Design and leadership of experiments to develop and optimise recovery and purification processes for the manufacture of novel biopharmaceutical products.
- Development, optimisation, scale-up and characterisation of chromatography-based processing methods (including affinity, IEX, HIC) and tangential flow filtration techniques.
- Strong track record of developing and managing highly effective teams and the personal development & coaching of scientists at different stages in their career.
- Educated to a BSc, MSc or PhD level in a Scientific or Engineering related discipline and a relevant number of years industrial experience
- Possess significant technical expertise in purification and downstream processing and have compelling evidence of complex technical problem solving and project leading.
- Significant process development experience.
- Vast experience of purification techniques for therapeutic biologics for example chromatography and associated analysis.
- Full awareness of the regulatory environment.
- Experience in leading technical project delivery, establishing innovative solutions to solve industrial challenges.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Grace Loughrey on 0161 868 2212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search