Lead R&D Chemist required, based in Manchester. Technical experience within personal care/cosmetics industry essentiaL, with organic synthetis skills
Lead R&D Chemist required, based in Manchester. Technical experience within personal care/cosmetics industry essential. Requiring some experience/practical knowledge of synthetic chemistry or modification of molecules. Minimum degree in Chemistry or similar.
Title: Lead R&D Chemist - Personal Care/Cosmetics
Salary: £32,000 - 37,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a growing company who develop and manufacture speciality ingredients and finished products for the personal care/cosmetics sector. Looking to expand their portfolio, they are now looking for a Lead R&D Chemist to drive development of new ingredients and raw materials for personal care formulations. This will involve working in the lab and undertaking research to produce or modify compounds through synthetic methods and working with the applications team to incorporate these into formulations. We are keen to hear from R&D or Research Chemists who have experience in the personal care/cosmetics/hair care/skin care industry, who also have good practical understanding of organic synthesis. We also welcome applications from Formulation Chemists who have previous experience of synthesis.
Benefits: A forward-thinking business with excellent laboratory facilities and a focus on expansion. This role will lead a new area of R&D for the business, with a view to building a team in the future. 37.5 working hours/week, 8.30am and 4.40pm, Mon-Fri. Excellent company pension, discretionary performance-related bonus, Cycle to Work scheme and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Researching existing technology and new advances in personal care ingredients
- Undertaking synthetic reactions to produce new compounds and molecules for use in personal care formulations
- Conducting experiments to identify conditions affecting quality and yield of products
- Carrying out process development work to optimise target compound production
- Preparing samples for applications testing
- Working with Applications Chemists to incorporate ingredients into formulations and undertake further development as needed
- International travel (Asia, Europe) to oversee scale up of commercially viable compounds and product trials with manufacturing
- Generating and delivering reports and presentations to colleagues, partners and clients
- Proven technical experience in the development of personal care, cosmetic, hair care or skin care ingredients or finished products.
- Practical knowledge and/or experience of synthetic chemistry or synthetic modification of compounds
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or similar. Any focus on organic synthesis considered highly advantageous.
- Ideas-driven with an innovative mind-set
- Able to manage projects with minimal supervision, define objectives and plan time accordingly
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: personal care, hair care, skin care, shampoo, conditioner, hair serum, treatments, hair repair, styling, hair mask, R&D, research and development, organic synthesis, organic chemistry, synthetic route, R&D, research & development, synthesis, synthetic, compounds, polymers, ingredients, raw materials, chemist, chemistry, organic synthesis, research