Job Title: Analytical Services Chemist
Business Unit: ENR Catalyst Technology
Contract Length: 9 months (mat cover), average of 37.5 hrs per week.
Pay Rate: £18.50 per hour PAYE (plus £3,200 annual rota allowance pro-rata)
Shift Pattern works on a two week rotating basis as follows:
Week 1 - Sunday to Saturday (08:30-17:30)
Week 2 - Wednesday and Thursday (08:30-17:30)
To apply analytical technology and methods in delivering the analytical support that meets the defining responsibilities of the service in a timely and high-quality manner. The job holder is required to work to the highest EHS standards and policies of the site, to engage with plant operations to ensure appropriate prioritisation of work, to engage with Analytical Method Development Chemists to ensure technology and procedures are both available and fit for purpose, and to coach less experienced analytical chemists in the appropriate deployment of analytical methods, the use of data reporting systems and interactions with plant personnel.
- You will have the authority to approve Finished Goods for customer release
- Liaise with Production Supervisors, Operators and Technical Support with respect to analytical data from those Finished Goods
- Raise Safety, Analytical Quality or Delivery non-conformances with Laboratory Management and/or internal Stakeholders
- Liaise with External Vendors to discuss instrument issues and/or improvements
- High Throughput Laboratory based role - involves standing up / walking for sustained periods
- After a defined training period the role is 'Day Rota' which includes working alternate weekends
- Degree or higher diploma in Chemistry or scientific subject for which analytical chemistry formed a major part. Alternatively, non-graduates with a record of success in delivering quality analytical services would be considered.
- Experience of working in high-pressure analytical services environment
- Experience, competence and/or Theoretical knowledge of inorganic analysis techniques, both classical and instrumented methods.
- Awareness or Risk and COSHH Assessments
- Understanding of plant products and processes
- Knowledge of the key factors influencing analytical data quality, sources of measurement uncertainty and the means of expressing them
- Experience in the use of LIMS
To apply, click on the link or submit your CV to email@example.com
Key words: HPLC / GC / LCMS / analytical / COSHH / Lab / chemistry
your application has been submitted