Job Title: Cell Biology Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 6 Months
Pay Rate: £11.50 an hour (circa £21,500 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading. They are seeking a technician to assist in the production of Double Haploid (DH) cereals for their crop breeding programmes.
As a Cell Biology Technician you will be undertake procedures in the laboratory, controlled environment rooms and glasshouse as needed.
- Range of growth room procedures including seed sowing, counting, pollinating and harvesting.
- Laboratory tasks including application of chemicals, light microscopy, plant dissection, plant embryo culture and flow cytometry.
- Dissect seeds under a microscope in the tissue culture laboratory.
- Recording of electronic laboratory data.
- Be educated to degree or HND level in Plant Science, Biology or a relevant scientific subject
- Experience within an academic or professional laboratory of the following techniques:
- Aseptic technique
- Plant tissue culture
- Light microscopy in particular dissection microscopy
- Chemical handling e.g. use of pipettes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise your workload
- Knowledge and a keen interest in working with plants.
Apply online today as a shortlist of applicants are due to be submitted on Monday 24th August. For more information about the role call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
your application has been submitted