Title - Chemist - field based
Location - Powys / Mid-Wales
Salary - Up to £24,000 dependant on experience.
SRG are working with a leading producer of powder and liquid chemical blends used for applications including metal processing, paint stripping, commercial catering and hygiene. The company has been growing rapidly through organic expansion and is a leader in class in one specialty market and an active player in a number of niche sectors. Due to this continued growth, the company are looking to hire a Field-Service Chemist to be based at their site in Powys, Wales with customer site visits as a regular part of the role.
This is a unique position that can offer ongoing development / progression opportunities with a rapidly growing business, and will be well suited to a chemist with previous laboratory experience who is looking for a career role. Training can be given & relocators are welcome to apply.
Role / Description
Based in mid-Wales, the successful candidate will split their time between the onsite laboratory and visiting customer sites. The primary role will be one of providing technical support and advice on the best use of products & will entail face to face customer interaction as well as remote support over phone, email or video conferencing. A key part of this role will be the collection and analysis of chemical samples followed by report generation and interpretation of results in order to provide clear, concise guidance - either directly to end users or indirectly, via sales colleagues and channel partners. The position will also include the provision of on-site training to new customers during the set up stage of their chemical platforms. In addition to the analysis of customer samples, the successful applicant will be expected to undertake some quality control duties, ensuring consistent output of finished products manufactured on site. There will be scope to become involved in and guide future research and development projects based on market shifts and customer demands for which some formulation experience would be useful.
Key duties include:
- Visiting customer sites to provide training, to troubleshoot problems and to collect chemical samples.
- Sample Management and Processing - all incoming samples from customers to be logged on the sample database and processed for analysis.
- Time Critical Report Generation - produce quantitative reports based on sample analysis of customer samples with rapid turnaround.
- Provide analysis and top-up guidance to the sales team and/or customers based on sample analysis.
- Become a key point of contact for the sales team providing technical advice and recommendations for new enquiries.
- Support the lead chemist in research and development of new products based on changing markets and customer demand.
- Quality control testing of finished products to ensure consistent quality of all products.
- Quality control testing of raw materials to ensure conformity to specifications agreed with suppliers.
40 Hours per week - Monday to Friday 8.30 - 17.30 with an early Friday finish.
- A degree or equivalent qualification / experience in Chemistry or a similar field.
- Previous experience within an industrial laboratory though we can consider applications from new graduates.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Previous experience in customer facing / commercial roles would be advantageous
- A good analytical mind, attention to detail and the ability to work in a small team will be essential for this role
- A full driving licence & access to a vehicle
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2216
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit https://www.srgtalent.com/jobs to view our other vacancies.