SRG are looking to hire a Development Chemist to focus on new product development within the Speciality Chemicals market. Based in Greater Manchester
Title NPD Chemist - New product development Location Greater Manchester Salary £22,000- £27,000
Established for over 40 years, our client specialises in third party chemical contract manufacturing, in addition to manufacturing and supplying a range of chemical based products under their own brand name. As a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire a Development Chemist to join their small, but experienced NPD team based in Manchester.
This is an exciting opportunity based with a well-respected company who are currently experiencing a phase of rapid expansion at their site in Manchester. Working alongside an experienced team, this role will be well suited to an experienced Chemist / technician or a recently qualified Graduate / Apprentice looking to begin in their career.
This role will primarily involve working alongside the NPD team on development projects, but due to the nature of the speciality chemical/contract manufacturing industry, projects are wide and varied. Common reactions include neutralisation, oxidation, sulphonation, esterification and phosphation. The candidate must be competent in analytical chemistry, and will be involved in wet chemistry titrations, Karl Fisher, FTIR and AA on a daily basis.
Duties:Main Duties include, but are not limited to:
- New product development. Determination of new product formulations and generation of new plant procedures
- Process chemistry. To take above NPDs from the laboratory environment to Plant scale in a safe and controlled manner.
- Process optimisation. To seek ways in which costs can be reduced through alterations to current plant processes, or through new raw material validation.
- Providing technical support to the QC department.
Working Hours: 8.00 - 16.30 Monday - Friday
- A degree or higher qualification in Chemistry Experience working within an Industrial chemical setting, (R&D exposure advantageous)
- experience with the use of HPLC & GCMS will also be highly advantageous
- The ideal candidate must be well-organised, meticulous and enthusiastic to learn new skills.
- They will need to be a good communicator with excellent report writing skills.
- Problem solving skills are essential.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srg.co.uk . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Manchester, North-West, Chemistry, NPD, Development, process