Lead Fermentation Development Scientist
£30,000 - £40,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based in Wiltshire
Do you have experience in Developing Fermentation Processes?
Would you like to work for a cutting edge and growing Biopharmaceutical company?
My client are a leading UK based Bio-Pharmaceutical organisation with an exciting portfolio of vaccine products. They have products under both commercial manufacture and development, providing unique and life saving vaccination products. They have seen significant growth in the last few years and due to that continued growth are looking to hire a Lead Fermentation Development Scientist.
The Lead Fermentation Development Scientist will take the lead in the activities relating to the development of fermentation processes, those related to the culturing and processing of pathogenic microorganisms. The post holder will also be responsible for supporting the head of the Fermentation Development in operational activities. This includes, but not solely limited to, recruitment, line management, staff performance, appraisals, supervision and training of the staff.
The Lead Fermentation Development Scientist will be responsible for the preparation of project proposals for customers, and implementation of same, preparation and review of reports and presentation for both internal and external customers. Additionally, the Lead Fermentation Development Scientist will be required to maintain an interest in and investigate potential new products/ processes which may be of interest to the development of the directorate.
The Lead Fermentation Development Scientist will provide a scientific and technical specialism in the area of Fermentation to projects involved in the development of processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products. They will be required to work in multi-disciplinary teams, leading as required to deliver key objectives. They will lead in the generation of experimental designs, presentation of work to internal and external customers and the preparation of scientific publications, technical reports and project proposals. They will play a key role in the technology transfer activities relating to the development and/or manufacture of biopharmaceutical products internally or between the company and its collaborators/customers.
To be considered for the Lead Fermentation Development Scientist role, you'll need the following skills and experience;
- A higher degree (MSc or PhD) in biology/ biochemistry/ microbiology/ biotechnology or a related field.
- Experience of working in commercial biopharmaceutical environment and preparing technical documentation such as SLPs, SOPs, protocols, reports etc. is essential.
- Highly knowledgeable in microbial fermentation process development and scale-up, handling of pathogenic/non-pathogenic microorganisms, molecular techniques, in-vitro testing of vaccines, microbial assay development, Design of Experiment methodology.
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff, teams and leading projects is essential.
- Understanding of process validation, working in regulated areas and awareness of Health & Safety regulations would be beneficial.
- Equally important requirements are a conscientious approach to work, precise attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
Key Words "Fermentation Development, Team Leader, Bioprocess, In Vitro, Cell Culture, Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, GMP, upstream, downstream, purification"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706 for more info
your application has been submitted