Director of Product Development - Medical Device
Location - West Sussex/London
Are you an expert in the medical device field? Can you identify gaps in the market and use this to drive forward medical product innovation and take these through to commercialisation in the market?
SRG are working with a specialist medical device business to hire a Director of Product Development. This company is a specialist in devices with screens, unique software and human machine interface. This role is to drive their product innovation and commercialisation programs. You will be bringing technical ideas to the company related to products in the medical fields, that may involve complex interfaces, software and hardware. This is a global role that will involve working with cross functional teams of engineers across Europe, Asia and USA and will include some international travel.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying product and solution opportunities
- Responsible for the development of a strategy and launch plan for new product lines including market assessment and innovation roadmap
- Monitoring the latest medical trends and influences
- Customer development - Introducing your network to drive sales as well as active involvement along the engineering and sales teams
- Managing an international team of engineering resource across hardware and software to deliver the products and solutions on the roadmap or against specific customer projects
- Ensure seamless integration with cross functional teams in R&D, Regulatory, Quality, Product Supply and other functions as necessary for product development process.
- Promotion and networking - Networking within the medical devices industry on a 1:1 basis as well as at events like tradeshows or industry forums, while promoting capabilities in this sector to drive awareness and credibility
- Working with the marketing manager to create bespoke marketing requirements / strategic marketing plan / marketing Launch plans
- Monitor competitive activity, to gather market data and industry developments impacting the business.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable experience bringing new medical device products to market, including those with screens or software components
- Excellent knowledge of global medical device regulatory and quality standards
- Natural leadership qualities, passion for your field and a natural influencer
- A strong network in relevant fields
- Be able to be present on site in West Sussex for a number of days a week
- Relevant technical degree or advanced degree (Science/Engineering/Software)
To find out more about this role please apply or reach out to Hannah Mason - Hannah.email@example.com or 0161 868 2237
your application has been submitted