Senior Scientist - Proteins
12 month initial assignment (with scope fotr extension)
£20 - £25 per hour
Here at SRG we have an exciting new role for a Protein Scientist based at my client's site in Cambridge.
There is a brilliant opportunity for a talented and motivated protein scientist to join a leading organisation in drug discovery. The successful individual will be a key member of the department, generating vital research on protein degradation. You will support on lab-based projects, working on life saving treatment working on noval E3 ligases with a focus on hit finding.
The Protein Science team, within the Discovery Biology Department of Discovery Sciences, is responsible for the generation of validated protein reagents to support projects in all phases of the drug discovery pipeline.Main Responsibilities:
- To execute experimental procedures according to study plan as agreed with the team leader or other supervisor.
- To contribute to the interpretation of experimental data and play a significant role in the planning of further experiments.
- To be an effective team member in supporting Discovery Projects to meet their objectives
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and to make effective use of appropriate literature search tools.
- To identify and solve problems associated with their experiments and discuss with other team members.
- To learn and apply new methods and show self-awareness regarding technical training needs.
- To be responsible for and ensure that the results of their experiments are recorded accurately and to a high standard in accordance with current guidelines.
- To effectively communicate results to other members of the project, team, section or to other Departments as required.
Ideally should have a B.Sc., M.Sc. degree or Ph.D. in relevant subjects, or equivalent level of understanding developed through experience in drug discovery or early development. The following skills are highly desirable:
- Experience in the purification of proteins (including antibodies) for target validation, screening and/or structure.
- Understanding of a range of expression systems including in vitro translation, bacterial (E.coli) expression, yeast (Pichia pastoris), baculovirus, mammalian transient and stable expression systems
- Experience in the biochemical, physicochemical and functional characterization of proteins
- Optional experience in large scale production of proteins, including endotoxin free proteins and/or production of modified or labeled proteins
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then please submit your CV via the link or email email@example.com
Key Words: Proteins/ Purification/ antibody/ antibodies/ vitro translation / biochemical / physiochemical / characterization / large scale / endotoxin / Cambridge / Vaccine / science / biochemistry
your application has been submitted
Back to job search