Industrial Issues Executive
Based In London area
Salary Around £35,000 basic
Do you have experience in chemistry/ materials science/ polymers/ related from a commercial / industrial setting?
My client is a leading industry body representing the plastics industry, it has over 450 members that span across the supply chain. This includes plastics recyclers, polymer producers and suppliers, additive manufacturers, services providers, end users, plastics processors, and machinery manufacturers. The Industrial Issues Executive will develop into the organisations specialist on a range of plastics industry sectors and products and the issues attached to them. You will manage and develop the key forums for member firms operating in several important industrial sectors. The role offers wide contact with the Plastics Industry at top level and a deep insight into the operation of UK and EU Governmental institutions.
The Plastics / Polymer Specialist will take responsibility for industrial issues in the Raw Materials Sector which includes additives, masterbatch, polymer suppliers and distributors, you will represent on central expert committees for product safety, fire safety and education & skills.
There is a European context to the role which may involve some overseas travel.
Key tasks will include:
- Secure an understanding of the key issues in the raw materials industry and how these affect the members.
- Formulating action plans on key projects.
- Become the in-house expert on product safety (including REACH, chemical safety and plastics in contact with food, plus become knowledgeable on other key pieces of regulation)
- Become the in-house expert on trends and on key regulatory issues at both the national and European levels.
- Preparation and analysis of surveys
- Account management and maintenance of contacts within the groups
- Provide input to relevant seminars and events
- Degree in a Scientific field discipline (e.g. chemistry, materials science, polymers, related)
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in polymer/related industry
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Tom Matthews on 0121 728 8451
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted