Analytical Chemistry TechnicianBerkshire1 year contract initiallySalary £20,000pa Do you have experience of analytical chemistry, especially Chromatography such as HPLC, GC or LC/MS?Would you like to...
Graduate Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceuticals
Based in Berkshire
£19,000 - £21,000 + Benefits
Are you a recent Science graduate looking for your first break into industry, or an experienced scientist looking to further develop skills?
Would you like to work for a specialist company within analytical science?
My client are a renowned Pharmaceutical, and Healthcare company based in Berkshire, with an extensive product range. Due to expansion they currently have a vacancy for a Graduate Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceuticals to join their analytical team to support the ongoing R&D work. The team undertakes a range of analysis using state of the art analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS as well as classical wet chemistry techniques.
The company prides itself on training and developing staff and would be a great long term opportunity for growth.
The Graduate Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceuticals will, following full training, undertake the separation, purification and analysis of trace level compounds using HPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS, supporting the discovery and development of new pharmaceutical compounds and products. You will be responsible for the complete process, from extracting and analysing samples.
The Graduate Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceuticals will be required to be flexible and adaptable, in an industry that requires constant development.
Requirements for the Graduate Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceuticals;
- A BSc/MSc/MChem or equivalent within a Scientific discipline such as Chemistry, Forensic Science, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, with a decent level of analytical chemistry.
- Prior experience in a lab would be desirable, but definitely not a requirement as full training is provided.
- Be flexible and adaptable to ensure that experimental programmes meet objectives and maintain a high attention to detail throughout.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A team player who can work to deadlines affectively.
This is an excellent opportunity for recent graduate looking for their first role within industry, or an experienced analyst looking for a new challenge.
To apply for the Graduate Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceuticals position, please apply online to this advert or call Neil Walton on 02030964706.