Scientist/Senior Scientist (R&D)
- Job Title: Scientist/Senior Scientist (R&D)
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
- Salary - up to 45k (DOE)
We are working on an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join a global medical products and technologies company. Our client are focused on solutions for the management of chronic conditions, with leading positions in advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence care, and infusion care.
As a Senior Scientist you will be responsible for carrying out research and development and implementation of in-house analytical methods; you will have significant experience with a number of lab systems including HPLC, UV-Vis, fluorimetry and FTIR.
In addition, your ancillary function will be as the Oxford Quality Lead, which will include drafting, reviewing and training-out QA/regulatory documentations and processes. This will involve liaising closely with the QA Department. Your lab-based role will focus on the various in-house chemistries, including, but not limited to acidified nitrite and nitric-oxide centric analysis. You will be part of a close-knit team, have excellent numerical, data and communications skills, be enthusiastic and have a positive work ethic.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Method Development and trouble-shooting lab systems including, HPLC, UV-Vis, fluorimetry and FT-IR; you will be the SME for HPLC.
- You will draft and review Study Plans, Working Instructions, Working Documents, Technical Reports and SOPs.
- You will use your eQMS experience and working in a GxP regulatory environment to be the QA advocate for site.
- Carry out data interpretation, data processing and generating graphical outputs.
- Educated to masters level in Chemistry discipline as a minimum. PhD desirable
- 3-5+ years knowledge and successful hands-on experience in developing disparate analytical methodologies.
- Must possess independent problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Expert knowledge in HPLC
- eQMS expereince
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Help to ensure smooth day-to-day running of the lab
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask projects and collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability for original thinking.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Desired - But Not Essential
- Familiarity/working knowledge of SIFT-Mass Spectrometry.
This is a lab-based role where you will work in a laboratory environment with exposure to chemicals, reagents and solvents, electronic equipment, some manual handling.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.