Senior Scientist Bioinformatics
This role will act to support the pursuit of scientific research from early-stage target discovery and validation to lead optimisation and candidate selection. In this role you will contribute to and lead efforts to develop tools, build analytical pipelines, perform in-depth data analysis and data modelling to support the wider science team. This work will involve collaboration and contribution with a range of multidisciplinary teams, including biologists, chemists, human geneticists, platform developers and data scientists. A successful candidate will be a confident programmer with a broad range of experience in the fields of bioinformatics or data science, including at least three years of industrial bioinformatics experience.
- Be a contributor in a small flexible team, designing and maintaining critical bioinformatics tools and pipelines.
- Provide analytical and statistical rigour to empower better decision making during experimental design.
- Work independently to deliver across multiple project areas.
- Promote data integrity by employing current best practices for data handling and storage, to empower broadscale analyses.
- The ability to organise and lead projects independently, including presenting project updates to key decision makers
- A PhD (or equivalent experience) in bioinformatics, biology, genetics, medicine, machine learning, statistics, computer science or a similar area.
- 2+ years in industry
- Experience coding collaboratively and using git as part of a larger collaborative project.
- Experience delivering production quality python code.
- Experience working with and analysing NGS data.
- Experience with a python testing framework (e.g. pytest, unittest, …etc.)
- An in-depth understanding of statistics and their application across a range of data types.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.