Cosmetic Safety Assessor
Cosmetic Safety Assessor needed for leading supplier in the Cosmetics industry. They are backed with decades of experience and need a Cosmetic Safety Assessor to join them!
Title: Cosmetic Safety Assessor
Location: South Yorkshire (On site, Hybrid or Remote)
Salary: £28,00 - £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
Term: Permanent role
SRG is working with a highly successful business who supply speciality ingredients to the cosmetic and home care sectors. The company are looking for a Cosmetic Safety Assessor to join the team, providing expertise in the assessment of ingredients and formulas in line with the Cosmetic Product Regulations. This will involve advising the business internally, as well as external customers with their queries around risk and safety of cosmetic ingredients. You will work closely with in-house product development/QC, procurement and marketing to ensure products and guide formulations are compliant and safe for end consumers. You will need to have experience of conducting cosmetic safety assessment and producing the associated Cosmetic Product Safety Reports. Previous experience of formulating or developing cosmetic product would be highly beneficial, as would knowledge of CLP or IFRA regulations
- Building and maintaining a database of ingredients and corresponding Safety Data Sheets and Certificates of Analysis
- Utilising the database to review hazards, toxicology, use and exposure data quickly and effectively
- Conducting Cosmetic Product Safety Assessments for a wide range of ingredients and guide formulations, as well as formula queries from customers
- Authoring Cosmetic Product Safety Reports as required by the European Cosmetics Regulation 1223/2009 and by the new UK Cosmetics regulation
- Providing advice and recommendations to colleagues and customers on regulatory requirements and hazards for ingredients and formulations
- Ensuring product information is accurate and compliant to the relevant legislation and standards
- Providing assessment and support with regulatory compliance and product safety to other group businesses as needed
- Industry experience of conducting cosmetic safety assessment
- Experience working with Cosmetics or Personal Care products
- Knowledge of regulations surrounding cosmetic products
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chloe on 0161 416 6941. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Key Words: Regulatory, Compliance, cosmetic safety assessments, SDS, safety data sheets, Cosmetics, FMCG
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.