Development Chemist required. Degree or PhD in Chemistry is essential with industrial formulation experience
Development Chemist (Polymers and Materials)
Liverpool (commutable The Wirral, North Cheshire and surrounding areas)
Salary - £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a global manufacturer of polymer products, who develop and manufacture high performance chemicals for use in electrical products. Based in the Merseyside area, they have recently started hiring for a new member of their team and are adding new laboratory facilities to their site. This is a great opportunity for a chemist who has previous industrial experience in the polymers, coatings, materials or speciality chemicals industry and is looking to make a more senior move. This company has just spent £170,000 on new equipment, such as a viscometer, rheometer, heated mass balance, vacuum mixer, electrical testing, and new ovens. The company also has ambitious plans to expand over the coming years and increase headcount on their Merseyside site.
Benefits: New facilities, state of the art materials science technology to work with. 25 days annual leave.
- Researching and developing new products and improving existing manufacturing processes.
- Testing and approving raw materials with techniques such as rheology, viscometry, tensile strength.
- Aiding junior members with experiments and test programme design
- Supporting quality assurance with compliance investigations
- Solving a diverse set of problems relating to new product development
- Producing batches of new formulations at industrial scale
- Degree in Chemistry or similar discipline
- Minimum two years' experience formulating products in the chemicals industry. Experience with thermoplastics would be beneficial
- Ability to travel or relocate to the Merseyside area
- A strong understanding of analytical and physical testing techniques
- Full right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Will on 0161 526 1885. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: formulation, polymers, materials, R&D, product development, laboratory, chemist, chemistry, NPD, graduate, formulating,
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.