Senior Lyophilisation Scientist
Do you have a good understanding of lyophilisation processes including formulation, and optimisation of lyoable reagents? Are you looking to take the next step in your career and join a rapidly expanding company?
SRG are supporting a global US based business who are leaders in discovery and development of molecular biology reagents for the life science industry. They offer the largest selection of recombinant and native enzymes for genomic research. While restriction enzymes remain part of their core product portfolio, their ever-expanding catalogue also includes lyophilised products related to PCR, gene expression, sample preparation for next generation sequencing, synthetic biology, glycobiology, epigenetics and RNA analysis.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their mentoring, and supervising responsibilities whilst being a key scientific member of the lyophilisation team, leading on key client lyophilisation projects. You will be working closely with R&D, and Manufacturing to help transfer the products from early to late-stage process transfer, as well as working with new and existing product portfolios to optimise processes and keep to timelines to support the overall company objectives.
- Ensure that customer needs are properly scoped, documented and delivered at scale via a robust product realization process.
- Assist in mentoring, training, and development of junior staff members.
- Creating, and reviewing lyophilisation formulation methodologies, and final setting data for all product lyophilisation in accordance with ISO13485.
- Build on expert lyophilisation technology and capabilities to develop novel work flow solutions.
- Attend scientific conferences
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least a bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline, a PhD in a relevant scientific discipline would be advantageous.
- A good base of knowledge in product formulation for lyophilisation, ideally for IVD diagnostics/ reagents, but wider pharmaceutical experience will be strongly considered.
- Experience within ISO13485 or similar standards will be advantageous.
- A passionate personality, with a solution-oriented mindset, able to confidently liaise with clients, whilst still being a collaborative team player.
Why work for this business?
- Brand new facilities and state of the art equipment
- Strong benefits package with a competitive salary based on experience and level, including a market leading pension, and bonus scheme.
- A massively growing business due to double in size over the next few years, and as a result a big opportunity to make a difference in how they grow.
- Opportunity to make a big impact into new and old product development.
If you are looking to apply, or have some questions regarding this role, please contact Amelia Rose on with your enquiries.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.