Formulation Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. Degree required in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or similar. Must have formulation experience, preferably with surfactants.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + benefits
SRG is working with a highly innovative company who develop speciality chemicals for a wide range of downstream industries - including agrochemicals, personal care and mineral extraction. They are now looking for a Formulation Chemist to evaluate the performance and properties of their chemical additives in formulations used for mineral extraction. This brand-new role will involve formulation work using surfactants, as well as testing a range of physical and chemical properties. It would be a brilliant opportunity for candidates who have proven industrial experience in formulating chemical products - particularly personal care, household, agrochemical or other surfactant-based products.
Benefits: You will join a small team in a larger, diverse & dynamic department - with full training & lots of opportunities to learn from experienced scientists in varied disciplines. An excellent environment to build a career in. 37.5 hours, Mon-Fri, flexible start & finish times. Excellent company pension & annual bonus potential, private healthcare. 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Formulating with a range of chemicals including surfactants, flotation reagents, binding agents, flocculants and dispersants, coagulants and viscosity modifiers
- Evaluating additive performance in the laboratory to assess foaming capability, solubility, suspensibility, surface tension, particle size, stability, kinetics, viscosity, rheology and selectivity
- Liaising with customers to discuss particular product applications and adapt products accordingly
- Recording and comparing results against set parameters
- Using performance data to feedback into the product development process
- Identifying trends or anomalies in test data
- Reporting on and presenting data to senior stakeholders and business teams
- Degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or similar
- Experience in formulating similar products with surfactants - e.g. personal care, household, janitorial, agrochemical, foaming products
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 526 1898. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: formulation, surfactant, laboratory, chemistry, cosmetic science, degree, graduate, chemical, agrochemical, wet chemistry, bench chemistry, testing, viscosity, rheology, stability, melting point, dispersion, suspension, particle size, Malvern, Brookfield.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.