Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Business Development Manager to join a highly specialised contract research organisation providing pre-clinical bioassay services to support drug development programmes across pharmaceuticals and biotech companies.
Job Title: Business Development Manager - (In-vitro cell-based assays)
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: UK but need to be able to get to Midlands regularly
Salary: Highly competitive with great benefits, and potentially share options in future
SRG is working with a rapidly expanding contract research organisation who are looking to double their company revenue within 2 years. They have a great client base, and they are now looking for an expert at selling CRO services, to help build strong commercial relationships and win new profitable contracts.
The role is a critical part of the business, and the successful candidate will engage, grow and manage a client pipeline encompassing organisations ranging from pharmaceutical to biotech companies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and analyse business opportunities to secure new business from new clients.
- Identify and generate new customer contacts/leads to further the sales of services provided by the company.
- Lead the discussions with new clients to understand their requirements, manage client expectations and optimize client relationships.
- Participate in conferences and networking events as relevant and directed by the company.
- Proactively manage sales administration process and maintain CRM.
- Responsible for liaising and assisting the Marketing team with the creative development of promotional materials, website/social media content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects.
- Degree in biological sciences (Business management qualification desirable).
- You will have a proven track record of at least 5 years in terms of new business development gained within a preclinical in vitro Biology CRO environment.
- Excellent customer service skills demonstrating a consultative approach.
- Ability to network and to communicate appropriately and effectively with clients.
- Be highly motivated, ambitious, and driven by success.
We are looking for a technical individual who has experience of selling CRO services to pharma partners, with a strong focus on bioassay services. This is an incredible opportunity to build a sales division for a successful company with a great USP, and join them at the start of an incredible growth journey.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Shazad on 07721517483 or email
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.