Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking highly skilled and experienced Senior Scientific Officers in and around Central London to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
Scientific officer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing duties related to accessioning, specimen management and data entry, cleaning duties and equipment maintenance
- Under direct and constant supervision of senior scientist, assist in operating automated instrumentation and testing,
- Pre-analytical processes within the life cycle of the laboratory specimen: collection, packaging, shipping, receiving, processing, tracking, and archiving
- Perform data entry into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Perform cleaning duties, equipment daily and PM maintenance and QC recording
- Assist in reagent preparation and/or aliquoting that do not require quantitative measurement (employing previously calibrated and approved automatic syringes or fix pipettes)
- Assist in automated instrument operation that does not require quantitative measurement of samples or reagents
- Maintain quality records, as required
- Perform filing and archiving of quality and testing records
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards, policies and protocols in the lab, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Work closely and communicate with other lab staff to complete daily activities efficiently and contribute to team effort
- Manage issues and projects; resolve escalates issues, as appropriate
- Demonstrate superior understanding of laboratory operations
- Serve as the primary trainer for new Lab Technicians or re-training of existing Lab Technicians
- Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Other duties as assigned by management
In order to be successful, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Laboratory experience preferred
- A high level of integrity and honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of patient, client, employee and laboratory business
- Understanding of Universal Precautions when working with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with documents such as internal SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions, and company policies
- Client service experience is a plus
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results.
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs, with database skills and 1 year data entry experience is preferred
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is required
- Authorization to work in the United kingdom indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
your application has been submitted