Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Shift Supervisors based in and around Leamington Spa to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the labs on a given shift. You'll need to have a people management background, with proven experience of managing teams in a target-orientated environment, ideally gained in a laboratory context.
Day to day activities in your role as Shift Supervisor will include:
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the laboratories policies and applicable laws
- Organising staff placement per shift; working closely with the Chief Lab Scientist and Biomedical Scientist Leads to support the smooth running of patient testing
- Managing the shift including responsibility for the effective and successful management of productivity and quality control
- Ensure any accidents, incidents and near-misses are correctly reported to the H&S officer
- Ensuring consistent, fair and productive management of people
- Enhancing the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management
- Responsibilities may include planning, assigning and directing work, addressing employee performance and corrective action plans
- Inputting to strategic planning and reviews, analysing process workflow, employee and space requirements and implementing necessary changes
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders and senior management
In order to be successful in the role of Shift Supervisor, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BSc (Hons) in a scientific discipline
- Proven management experience
- Experience of supervising staff in a laboratory setting
- Experience of managing teams towards productivity and quality assurance targets
- Strong numerical and decision-making skills and be able to understand MI reports
- Evidence of excellent communication and extensive team-working skills
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
In addition, the following education and experience are also desirable but not mandatory.
- Higher-level degree or professional qualification (eg Msc, Higher Specialist portfolio)
- HCPC registered
- Extensive experience of supervising a team in a laboratory related setting
- Experience of Health and Safety regulations and procedures
- Familiarity with performance management methodologies and associated HR processes
- Experience managing underperformance to deliver successful outcomes in a high-volume processing environment
As well as a competitive rate of pay (with a 20% uplift applied for night working and end of contract bonus), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
your application has been submitted